Making Health Equity A Priority
Drive For Good
Connecting & Inspiring Our City to Grow
Healthy Savannah aims to make the healthy choice the easy choice. Our focus is on improving lives through policy, systems, and environmental change. Through our community outreach, partnerships and collaborations, we have been uniting our disparate neighborhoods to create meaningful, sustainable change since our founding.
WHAT WE'RE DOING:
- Increasing fresh, healthy food options in downtown corner stores, where grocery stores are lacking.
- Creating safe routes to schools for children, where few or no sidewalks exist.
- Promoting our health-resource database of free and low-cost services and resources.
- Helping less affluent neighborhoods re-connect to everyday destinations, through the Tide to Town Trail.
- Promoting health to faith-based communities in our Faith Action Network
Supporting Healthy Savannah ensures that our community has increased opportunities for health. We accomplish these big picture change initiatives with our coalition of almost 200 organizations.
We've been a convener, and change-maker for 13 years. Help us continue to Drive for Good.